Tilley Triumphs Again
October and November have been tremendous months for Tilley, Tiree’s Community Turbine. Not only has she produced the best monthly output so far, over 456 MWh in October, which is a load factor of 70%, her hard work has also allowed the Tiree Community Development Trust to make awards last week of over £40,000 to numerous community groups and projects on the Island. The successful applicants are as follows:
- Mainly Music £150 New toys for children’s groups
- An Iodhlann £600 Soroby Graveyard mapping project
- Curam Thiriodh £2,750 Volunteer Co-ordinator pilot
- Church of Scotland £2,500 Glebe Turbine project – pre development work
- Church of Scotland £500 Puppet show
- TRD £2,000 Maintenance works to Rural Centre
- Tiree Pony Club £1,900 Cost of equipment for new Horse and Pony group
- Church of Scotland £150 School S4-6 cafe mug project
- An Talla £4,000 Projector, screen and facilities work
- Tiree Agricultural Show £500 External PA system addition
- Vaul Golf Club £3,672 New grass cutting and greens machinery
- Tiree Resource Club £6,530 Match funding for Minibus and co-ordinator
- TRD £2,500 Building on Success – pre development work
- Tiree Access Forum £85 Website set up
- Tiree Tapestry Group £200 Storage boxes for materials
- Milton Harbour Association £2,000 Ramp upgrade
- TCB £4,000 Crossapol play park upgrade
- Tiree High School £2,491.35 School Trip Fund
- TRD £4,387 Tourist Information Point
- Tiree Tech Wave £300 Community work shop event
Well done to all the successful applicants! If you would like details of any of the projects these groups are carrying out, please contact them directly.
The Board of Directors and staff have also offered to provide help and advice to those groups who applied but did not receive awards. A note of the Board meeting held on 8 November to discuss the applications and agree the awards is on the Trust’s website at www.tireetrust.org.uk. Clear declarations of conflict of interest have been made throughout the review process and the Board meeting itself.
It is a condition of all awards that recipients display a conspicuous advert to show that they have benefited from the Windfall Fund.
We hope to hold the next round of Windfall Fund Awards in the Spring. Beforehand we will also be asking the Community
how you would like to see the total Windfall Fund allocated.
Would you like a mix of a seed-corn start-up fund, a main fund and a further amount set aside for major projects? How about loans or a credit union?
Let us know by email email@example.com or on 220074.