Would you like to buy local Tiree produce on the island?
Would you like to have the option of buying groceries in the West end as well as Scarinish?
Would you like to have a greater say in what products can be bought on Tiree?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions then you are not alone. Of the 190 people who voted in favour of a Tiree Community Shop, below is a summary of the comments made by ‘yes’ voters:
- 28% Another shop is needed/it would be a positive development
- 20% To improve the diversity of choice in products and services
- 18% To provide a localised service to the West end, An Talla and Crossapol
- 9% To encourage more competitive pricing
- 8% To give the community more control/security over this service
- 7% It would create another social hub for the community
- 5% To create paid local jobs and work experience opportunities
- 3% To provide an outlet for promoting/selling local produce
The Tiree Community Development Trust are seeking a team of 10 to 15 volunteers to play a leading role in turning the Tiree Community Shop into a reality and have a direct influence on what form it takes.
We will be hosting a community meeting for anyone who would like to find out more about what is involved in joining the Community Shop Management Committee and what the next steps would be for the project. This meeting will be taking place on Thursday 15th May at 7:30pm at An Talla.
Please RSVP to Lynne Cox, Growth Plan Coordinator at the Trust on 220074 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org